View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelina View Post
Thank you Nuero - I am definetly going to look into that website. I do notice that when I am able to mediate (which isn't often - i think my meds really impair my ability to focus and mediate) or right before I fall asleep I can feel a change in my arms as well. Thank you so much for bringing me this website and information.

daniella, how long did you have pn before you had to move from where you were? I live in sunny CA and thanks goodness the cold weatheris only 3-4 months long. But with this condition my arms are icey all year long. It is rediculous when it is 95' outside and I have a heating pad on. Unfortunalty movement exacerbates the pain in my arms so I cant move them to warm them up. Once my pain levels reach 7 or so the rest of my body my body begins to react as well so i have found that remaining still is the best med so far. That wont help with the circulation though. I have tried baths but in the winter our tub in inadequate for soaking - gosh this all sounds like whining! i'm just frustrated these past fewe days when it feels like i cant get anything done even if I feel "okay". It sounds like you also have problems with heat as well - so I have alot of sympathy for you.

Thank you mrsD - I will look at the supplements and try them one by for certain - thank you!
Hey neighbor I am in Ca too. Well I have been back and forth around from MI my home state,FL which made me swell 2 full sizes,and CA. Overall and let me tell you I am in a lot of pain but CA is the best in terms of weather. I moved from MI after my 1st winter. Then the following year I tried winter again and by Dec was in FL. I can't tolerate boots or at that time socks so that was part of the issue as well. I have RSD as well.
I take magnesium which I do find my best supplement but who knows. I would suggest that. I am also trying to keep with my omegas and have read a lot about that so would suggest that unless you have a medical issue.
Hang in there and I wish I could offer more. I do feel in general treatments that help the overall conditions will help things like this. I remember when I went to the pain doctor because I have super tight calves and he said the treatment for the condition should help that as well. Who knows but trying to hold to hope.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (01-01-2012)