View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

3lysium,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles. I understand what you are going through. Work Comp is a big problem for people who suffer a concussion at work. Since we become the invisible wounded, the attorneys discount our struggles.

Have you considered applying for Social Security Disability Income benefits? You are likely qualified. It can be a safety net for you.

You are fortunate to have a supportive family and fiance'. You may benefit from increasing your and their knowledge and understanding of Post Concussion Syndrome. The TBI Survival Guide at www.tbiguide.com is great. Download it and print it out. Then, highlight the things that pertain to you. You could ask your fiance' and family to do the same on a separate copy. You might be surprised to see how much they understand about your symptoms.

The YouTube video series by John Byler is also great. It is called "You look great." You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Xso...ature=youtu.be

Have you checked to see if your state has a Brain Injury Trust fund? If so, it may offer you more resources.

If you would post a simplified list of your most problematic symptoms, we can reply with work-arounds and other accommodations to help endure them.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote