Thread: TOS in the UK.
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 03:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbietellez View Post
i'm having my surgery at medway hospital on 16th of jan, i've read quite abit about what to expect the recovery to be like the american information seems very dramatic which worried however both my consultant and nurse have said to ignore the usa advice as they tend to exagerate things somewhat! Both consultants have said it is a straight forward op with very little after care needed and will be able to return to my full time office based job after 1 week following surgery. I believe i am just having a scalenectomy no rib resection but just recently been having alot of pain in my shoulder blades. Has anyone else been put off surgery after reading american info? Debx
I can't comment on the recovery for a scalenectomy op but if it includes a first rib resection then BE PREPARED!!!!!! It carries a BIG ouch factor...... I'm still recovering now, post 4 months.
P.S I don't want to downplay a scalenectomy op as I know that too can complicate issues in the neck....... any surgery in this region carries probs. Whatever is performed, be sure to stretch gently afterwards and take the recovery nice and slow. It doesn't do to go rushing back into normal activities to please others. Along with surgery comes scar tissue damage if care is not taken!

Last edited by SD38; 01-01-2012 at 04:21 AM.
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote