View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I think people respond very differently to withdrawal of some drugs, so it is difficult to say what to do. You have to follow your own body's signals. I do believe there is a liquid Lyrica now, and that may help you taper more slowly. I understand it tastes terrible even with the sugar in it. Measuring by the ml, you may be able to taper with smaller decreases. 20mg/ml. There are twenty drops approximately in a ml. Also there are small syringes now available in some pharmacies that measure 1/10 ml accurately.

To lessen the anxiety you might try L-theanine. It works nicely to lessen GABA effects and also has been suggested for PN.

Here is the thread about it:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=theanine

and a link with more details:
http://web-us.com/l-theanine_anxiety_reducer.htm

I am using Doctor's Best Suntheanine (purchased affordably from Amazon.com).. It is also available at iherb.com
I tried the Swanson's and found it less effective. So there may be variances from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I am using 300mg at bedtime. I could not find interactions or warnings with it anywhere. And there are no side effects for me either. My blood sugars were swinging low during sleep and causing nightmares and anxiety for me. And the theanine helps with that.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.