View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default % population & females

Does anyone know the stats regarding the % of people with neuropathy and the relative % of women? After fighting with my Drs for 4 years because I think my COPD meds cause my neiropathy symptoms I happened to follow Glentaj's Medscape link in the thyroid and PN thread and there I was. They consider neuropathy related to COPD a metabolic form caused by medication. I have similarities with the description of diabetic PN, dx several entrapment issues and radiculopathy and I think some autonomic problems as well.

There isn't much info and most of it seems to be research related rather than in general knowledge. I found one paper that said PN was found in 15-16% of people with COPD. They only tested males however and the complaints I've seen have all been from women, I was wondering how that compares with PN stats in general. The biochem is pretty difficult but one reference also said glucocortcoids cause glucose to be used in the cell the same as in diabetes and others said with chronic use they potentiate ischemic nerve damage and can have proinflammatory qualities. Mine also depletes b12 and magnesium, etc.

I appreciate this site so much and the work many of you do in trying to find
answers. You never know who you will help. Happy New Year and I hope you all find some answers, if you do be sure to patent it and charge Pharma lots of $ for the information.
Zygo
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (01-01-2012), mrsD (01-01-2012)