View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Cass: I hope the books help. My tale of woe is that I have had 2 brain surgeries, 3 strokes and 4 seizures in the last 5 years. I know this board seems to be a "can you top this?" of conditions. I still rank in the top few because I had a fusiform aneurysm in my basilar artery. That one was fixed with stents and at the follow up angio they found a new one right above it. So they did a craniotomy, flow reversal, bypass, and clipping of the new trouble zone. The two aneurysms seem to still be growing. So as I tell people, "I have an exploding head and I'm not arfaid to use it, so don't make me angry."

Dr. Spetzler was the man who had his hands in my head. He is a very nice man. Before my surgery I read his book and went to the medical school and researched his surgical texts. I asked him to autograph his book and after my wife and I walked out and I looked at the inscription and told my wife, " I hope he operates neater than he writes." But a messy writer is the sign of a good surgeon. Right?

Dr. Nussbaum's book is also very well written and is a good book for family and patients. I tend to be an informatio-a-holic and research everything to death. I would look at any brain associations in AU as well. They are tremendous help. Brain Injury Austrailia is http://www.bia.net.au/ and in NSW there is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brain-...17648044936159 on facebook.

I am always worried that a rise in adrenalin or BP is going to have me pop like a balloon. However my surgeons tell me I can't live in fear. (want to bet?) So I am a nationally ranked wheelchair fencer in the US. I do walk, but if I try to fence on my feet I fall right over.

So drop me a note if you fancy a chat.
"Thanks for this!" says:
cass3765 (01-03-2012), sspainting (09-14-2012)