View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Most of us develop other problems especially arthritis and mental issues. I believe osteoporosis comes around eventually in most cases. I believe we need to fight this disease constantly with everything we have but must accept the symptoms. Fighting it, for me, largely means identifying the triggers and avoiding them. It means finding the few things that help and incorporating them into our lives. It means being always on the look out for new weapons to fight the monster. It means experimenting and observing to see things that make life easier and more livable. For me it means trying not to worry and to monitor my medications.

I'll probably always feel I'm standing on the edge of a precipice until the day I fall off or am pushed off. Perhaps I'm wrong though; the doctor tells me that I should expect a normal lifetime. The doctor doesn't experience the things I do and communicating the symptoms to people is almost impossible when I hardly understand them myself. I'd have never understood if someone had told me.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (01-03-2012)