View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Other symptoms

Oh, you asked about other symptoms. I was trying to leave out the long list of possibly useless details (many of them could be related to the steroids) but since you asked, here goes:

Unexplained Symptoms: Bradycardia (heart rate in the 40s), respiratory distress (landed me in the ICU), Polyuria (my kidneys were putting out 3 times the liquid i was taking in), Liver enzymes (ast/alt) were almost four times the normal range and creatanine levels also abnormal. Heart palpitations, low platelets (down to 100), resting heart rate fluctuating between 44 and 110, blood pressure varying between normal and extremely low (70's/40's at its worst), I test positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Typhus (docs are certain these are false positive but they dont know why they keep turning up.). My glucose has been high, and several other minor lab entries have been off. My muscle weakness (feels more like a head-muscle disconnect than a weakness) also affected my left arm. The degree of weakness seemed to fluctuate from day to day which was baffling to me. At one point I had mild stuttering, and I have some mild short term memory loss. I have noticeable muscle loss in my quads. At one point in rehab I lost control of my trunk and neck muscles (I was falling forward or to the sides in my wheelchair). I have muscle spams with stretching and use in my legs, though it is improving as my strength improves.

My initial symptoms included an extremely foggy/fuzzy head, dizziness, loss of balance, extreme knee and hip pain, muscle aches, fatigue, a feeling of pressure in my head, insomnia, neck pain, and difficulty organizing thoughts and processing tasks like showering or making a sandwich. That lasted for about seven weeks before my legs started failing me. When my legs started giving out, my mom took me to the ER and that is when I was admitted.

I'm sure that is WAY too much detail, but you did ask Welcome to my world of disorienting details. I am mostly trying to focus on the main things I mentioned in my first post: what explains the brain lesion, the oligoclonal bands, the paraparesis, the ACHR antibodies, and the striat muscle antibodies?

It helps to know that MG can cause the paraparesis.

Thanks all!

Mandy
MClive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote