View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 02:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can only reference my experience with the guidelines of Acute vs. Chronic Pain in this area.....my health care providers cite 3 months as appropiate recovery time from an acute injury or proceedure.....after that the pain is considered chronic, meaning if your pain extends beyond the 3 months then there is something more going on.....because then something other than your injury or in this case the spinal tap recovery is causing the pain. I would talk to my doctor about this.

I have had nerve blocks at my L5-S1 area, had epidural shots and cortisone shots at the L4-L3 area. Yes the proceedures are painful however the pain did go away after about 7 - 8 days....with heat, ice and rest.

If you contact me by email, I have a website and a Dr that is willing to answer your questions, I will not post it here without his permission.

I wish you the best of luck, and If I were you....I would go in and talk to your provider.

Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote