View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default You will be ok

God Bless you. I know how you feel, when things overwhelm you and you feel trapped by life. You will be ok. Just keep telling yourself that. There's an answer to everything. By writing this to you, I'm working on the same thing. Have you tried alternative therapies? Read the book Brainlash by Gail Denton. It has a lot of good advice on how to cope with concussions. In it it speaks of Behavioral Optometry as a source of great healing for her. I'm sending you positive energy. If what you've been doing so far creates anxiety, change the way you look at it to see if the answer isn't hiding around the corner. I'm going to try the same thing and see how it works for my PCS which is 4 months in and full of depression. God bless you and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lysium View Post
Not To long ago a few of my doctors said that this is never going to get better without advances in medicine I am a 24 year old that has had PCS for 3 years now going on 4 and I find that there is little research being done for this diagnosis my memory is bad my learning and cognitive skills are worse I am tired all of the time I cant sleep I now have seizures my mood is up and down the pain is overwhelming I have been to hundreds of doctors for every symptom and now they just write me off and say yup we know sorry to think that it is never going to get better is hard and its hard to have any kind of hope and messing with the work comp people dose not help with the stress levels all I want in life is to have a family and be able to work for them and sustain a healthy living environment but I cant do any of those things at the moment and its so frustrating my fiancé, mother and father all help the best they can but I feel like a burden they would kick me in the butt if they knew and I am glad to have their support but its not fair to them I didn’t do this to my self it was a fellow employee his only repercussion was losing his job me a week from advancement ends up messed up for life and to be treated like a liar and a thief by our government and the work comp jerks is not fair not what a good person deserves I don’t understand now the work comp people are trying to force me into settlement and decided that their one guy that said I was "ok" was all they needed to stop paying me my benefits and to stop covering my medical how dose that make sense the lawyer is trying but with all the road blocks its going to take another 3 years and to think that this pain and all of the symptoms of this are never going to get better how do I cope with that I do my best a try to stay positive and just live life day to day but sometimes I just cant and melt down which I guess is what im doing here today its like a volcano I just need to vent sometimes more lately than normal but hey I guess if that’s what I have to do to stay positive most of the time why not
Little Flowers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote