View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neuropathy in my feet

I have severe peripheral neuropathy (PN) in both feet as a result of cancer (Waldenstrom). The cancer has been successfully treated but the PN is steadily getting worse. I take Lyrica and Amitriptyline. I'm on my feet for an hour a day wearing Crocs and can't wear shoes. It helps to sit with my feet up (level with my bottom) otherwise they get more painful, swollen and purple.

Q: My PN seem different from how most descibe it. The pain in my feet never comes immediately or as I walk. Instead the onset of pain comes a day or two after I've walked. Then the intensity of pain increases for quite a few days (while I avoid walking and sit with my feet level with my bottom) before they get less painful again. Is this normal?

Q: When I wake up in the morning my feet look normal, they are a normal colour and the veins are almost invisible. However, after a little walk, or by the end of the day, the veins around my ankles/feet get more pronounced and bothered? My feet take on a purple colour almost as if the circulation is bad. Is this "dealayed" onset of pain normal?

Thank you all,
Grete
grete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote