View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
Hi-

I am a second grade teacher. I was diagnosed with TN about a year ago. Needles to say it's been an awful year at work. This week some fellow teachers went into the principal's office and told him that they were concerned because I have been acting weird. The principal called me in to discuss. I told him about TN but I just know that he thinks I'm either deranged or lying. He actually said something to me like ..."Mike, ya know were all like a giant link chain, and any one who is a week link can damage the whole chain." Could you imagine him saying that to someone with a broken neck ? I think maybe the worst thing about TN is the invisibility of it.

After the meeting with him I was pretty upset. As I was driving away, I couldn't really focus. That's when the white pick up truck t-boned me at 40 miles per hour. It took out the back of my car completely. If it had been one second earlier I probably wouldn't have walked away from the accident. After the car stopped spinning around and I had realized what happened, the very first thing I said was..."I'm done."

I filled for a three month leave from work. I run out of sick days in December and I don't know how I will support my family. The irony of all this is that after the accident which was about two weeks ago, I've been very lite on pain. I am very, very grateful for that.

Thanks.
Mike
Mike so sorry to hear of your illness. Our daughter was a teacher when she was diagnosed with TN. She was denied disability at first, but appealed the decision of the Insurance Company. It required letters from her Neurologist, Neurosurgeon and Pain management doctors. She recently had a motor cortex stimulator procedure after two MVd's did not work.
meresfather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-02-2012)