View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post thoracic surgery recovery

I had a arachnoid cyst from T4-T7. Prior to the surgery I had mild-mod nerve pain mainly in the outer areas of my upper legs. My main problem was severe weakness in my legs to where I was having to shuffle to be able to move.

I had surgery on Dec 9 and the weakness went away right away. I have been told the nerve pain my not get better but as long as I can walk I am fine with that.

The question I have is in the recovery stage being a little over 3 weeks post op. I really don't have a clue as to what I should be experiencing. I seem to do ok walking for short periods of time but standing relatively still really hurts, there a huge pressure feeling that also makes it hard to take deep breaths. Bending over creates pain up into my neck and bending my head down makes my head throb like a sinus headache. I am also having trouble finding a good position to be in when I need to cough or sneeze.

Are these normal symptoms at this stage or is it taking me longer than usual? What have your recovery been like?
karvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote