View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm have an appt for this coming Thursday with an Oral Surgeon. He mentioned at the time of the consult that my root may be up in the sinus but cause it's an xray and 2D he doesn't know for sure. I'm a little older than most for getting a wisdom tooth pulled - I'm 42. I'm a little anxious about the possibility of a communication in the sinus (i think that's what it's called) - having just getting over major sinus problems on the same side. Is this something to worry about? I think the oral surgeon said that if that occurred he would do a quick graph. Is that something that's commonly done?

Thanks again for you reply!

~Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi sibuja,

Your sinus infection could be the result of an infected wisdom tooth and it would not be wise to have this tooth root canaled. A deep cavity is an infection within the tooth. Fillings do not always fix the cavity if the decay has infected the pulp of the tooth. Which it sounds like this is what has happened.

It is probably best for you to get this tooth out this week while you are still on the antibiotic. Your healing may take a bit longer due to the inflammation from the long standing infection but you have to remove the tooth to get rid of the infection.

I would not put it off if it were me.

Please let us know how you're doing.
Bryanna
sibuja is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote