Thread: Shingles and MS
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Okay, this is the never ending case of shingles and I'm getting a little freaked out! I took the new drug and the shingles on my side dried up. A couple of days after stopping the drug a blister popped up on my hand. Several days later one popped up on my knee!

I'm supposed to get Tysabri tomorrow and my GP is still out for the holidays. So I emailed my neuro -- he said it didn't sound like shingles but asked for photos!! Technology is amazing! After seeing them he said "ok, this looks convincing." No Tysabri tomorrow because he said it might be multi-systemic and I have to see the GP as soon as possible and report back.

I'm anxious because I get Tysabri every 8 weeks. I'm worried about what will happen if I go beyond 8 weeks. I'm also panicked the shingles will keep spreading (the Internet is a dangerous place--I had to stop reading about "disseminated shingles in immunocompromised patients."). Ergh......

Has anyone ever had random shingles crop up in other places? Trying to take a deep breath.....
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (01-03-2012), Debbie D (01-03-2012), NurseNancy (01-25-2013), SallyC (01-03-2012), Twinkletoes (01-05-2012)