View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Woke up in the middle of the night with complete amnesia. Scared to go back to sleep.

This is probably the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I took 200mg of Gabapentin around 6pm and then another 200mg at about 10pm. After the second dosage I took, I was feeling very drowsy and out of it. So I layed down and went to sleep. I posted before about having mini-panic attacks while falling asleep, and how Gaba was helping with those. Well..this time it didn't. I had about 3 of them before I finally fell asleep. About an hour or two in to my sleep, I wake up and I have complete amnesia. Didn't know my name, where I was, my son's name or anything. I started to panic and I struggled to remember things...slowly things started coming back. Then I became really confused...really confused. Now I'm laying here in my bed completely terrified to go back to sleep. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and not have my memory for good.

Is it the Gabapentin doing this, or could it be from PCS? Is it possible to develop amnesia this far after a brain injury?
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote