View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I, too, have been reading a bit about magnesium supplementation and transdermal therapy. Long ago in my journey, a Feldenkrais practitioner insisted I supplement with Magnesium during my therapy with her. I was pointed to a health food store where the pills I bought were GIANT, and I only took them now and then when I had the courage.

Later, I tried the Citrate variety in powder form, but that proved to be more of a laxative and I could never get into higher mg supplementation with it.

I'm now using a brand called Jigsaw http://www.jigsawhealth.com/supplements/magnesium The pills are easy to swallow and I have been able to slowly get up to 750mg over the past weeks with minimal gastric issues.

I'm also using Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil and Lotion. I made the mistake of not rinsing off the oil after 20 min and got into trouble with rashes and skin irritation. The lotion causes no problems, but it absorbs at a lower rate.

It's to early to tell if anything positive will come from this trial. I always assumed I ate a well-balanced, close to the source diet as possible, but when you read about the foods which are high in magnesium, I ate very few. Going through this TOS process has been devastating on my adrenals, and in addition, I ate a calcium rich diet to fend off early-onset of Osteoporosis.

Sounds like it takes a couple of months at minimum to "notice" any benefits from supplementation for my use, so I'll keep you posted.
Anne4tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mspennyloafer (01-03-2012)