View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
Hi I am new here and found site when searching for info on PN.I came back frome holiday June 2012.I felt really well as I suffer from fibro .
A couple of days later I had a fish pedicure which is not allowed in some countries.The fish just nibble and one did nibble a little hard at one point.That night I started getting pain in that foot.The pain then spread to my toes and fingers a burning throbbing pain which makes my fingers very sensitive (they feel the heat of the keyboard as I type.
I went to my gp who refrerred me to a neurologist after checking for diabetes, vit b, lymes disease.I have had an MRI and other nerve conducting tests which show nothing.I am taking Lyrica 200mg times a day and amytriline 10mg x2 a night.I felt better for a while then pain came back tablets increased to full dosage.Pain as now came back.I mentionec the fish pedicre to go and neurogist and they brushed that off also I had just returned from a foreigh country were these 2 events just coincendce ?.I feel really down at the moment what with this pain on top of fibo symptons aghhh
Hi Topaz and welcome to the site. I have had small fiber neuropathy for 3 1/2
years now and have not been able to find a cause. I also was in a foreign country befor this happened. I was in China in April and Mexico in June. All of my symptoms started in end of JUly. My doctors also say it is coincidental. They sa if I had gotten a parasite etc it would shhow itself and I would be severly ill. I still wonder sometimes if this all happened from something on one of those trips. I guess I'll never know. Good Luck with everything.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote