View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my experience

I have been recently diagnosed with myofascial thoracic outlet syndrome. Almost a year ago my symptoms started out as headaches with some fatigue and achiness in the right arm. I also felt like I was losing some muscle strength. I went to the neurologist who seemed to only be concerned about the headaches. I went for an MRI, and EEG and catscan. Everything came back negative and the Doctor couldn't find any reason for the headaches. He prescribed me some medicine for the headaces (which I didn't take) and then never saw me again.

Well over time while doing repetitive work I got much worse and didn't even realize that what I was doing at work and how I was sitting caused the mess I'm in.

I really wish more Doctor's would listen to us who have certain symptoms and look more into things. I probably wouldn't be in this severe pain I'm in if the Doctor would've looked harder last year and found what was really going on. A lot could'vebeen prevented. I had no idea that my job was gonna get me in this mess and PAIN!

I have severe pain which a lot of trigger points. My muscles are so abnormal that ehy jump so bad every time I see the Doc. I've been going through injection now for 4 weeks and still having severe pain and tightness. The injections of lidocaine do work but what a process.

If anyone is experiencing headaches along with other symptoms...you should insist that the Doctor looks harder. TOS is a serious thing and I think it gets overlooked by many.

I still have headaches every day along with severe right arm pain, neck pain, trouble swallowing, coughing, ear pain, jaw pain, can't lift anything, etc...etc...

I just wish it could've been somewhat prevented. I also wish employers knew how important ERGONOMICS is!

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote