Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile amazing what my discharge orders don't say!

All my discharge instructions say is not to lift over 10 pounds and to try to avoid bending - That's It!! If I didn't have you Guys and the raceagainstpain site I wouldn't even know not to do BLAST! My surgeon does not prescribe a brace of any sort either and the rep told me pretty much everyone is released from all restrictions if not at 4 weeks post surgery, then 6 weeks. Wow! I know my paddle leads were stitched in, but I'm all for not risking anything. I don't know - I do know that I don't want to start pool therapy till 8 weeks have gone by at least. We are planning to fly to see the grandchildren over Presidents Day, so that should help me to wait till 8 weeks (pt has always meant a couple of weeks of horrible pain). Funny that I should have to concern myself with HOW to keep my doctor from having me move too soon, but it seems like thst's the case here. I do go in for programming on the 6th. Mark, I haven't read your letter yet, but I will. I used to have a very old TENS unit (some 25 years old?) that I could adjust a lot of the variables and that baby still works for one set of electrodes. I'm going to get it out and play with it and see what sensation I like - perhaps it will translate to the reps computer? If not, at least it will show that i know what I'm speaking about. Yes, I would like to take the helm and drive this baby myself!
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-04-2012), Rrae (01-03-2012)