View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Marcia. Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you have so many autoimmune problems. I have MG and celiac disease. I think a lot of us have more than MG, plus some people have clotting diseases like APS.

Have you had a repeat of a chest CT to check out if the thymus has grown back, which it can. Pesky little gland. I personally don't think that it would be responsible for any narrowing of your GI tract.

We need acetylcholine for good peristalsis (how food moves through the GI tract). Are you on Mestinon? Another use for Mestinon is for people who have motility issues.

Have you seen a gastroenterologist to make sure nothing else is going on? Have you been tested for celiac disease or to see if you have enough stomach acid? Without enough stomach acid, food does not get digested well enough, it pushes through the stomach and can cause problems like hiatal hernias, infections, etc.

Have you been to a good immunologist?

Has anyone thought about stem cell therapy for you? Any other novel treatments?

I think you could ask your primary doctor or neurologist for a recheck. It would help to either reassure you or take care of a problem with the thymus if it is indeed a problem. In the meantime, try not to worry. My immune system is messed up too but that's why I try extra hard to keep myself as stress free and healthy as I can. I hope it turns out to be a simple fix.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote