View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'd just like to say a huge "thank you" to everyone for sharing their experience. I really, really appreciate your helpful comments and kind words. I'm sure that my friend would benefit from your input and from a supportive, kind group of people such as you have demonstrated yourselves to be. Thank you so much!

Annie: Thank you so much for your constructive input, your response was very informative and helpful. My friend will be discussing things with her doctor, and seeing what he thinks. As I understand, 60mg was too much, but it's something that they can perhaps adjust. I don't believe she has been given the syrup as an option so I'll let her know that is an alternative, too (it might make it easier to make slight adjustments to the dose) and she can discuss that at her upcoming appointment.

Abby: Thank you for the suggestion. From what research I have performed, it sounded like the sustained release version is OK for using while sleeping or on an uneventful day, but i've seen quite a few accounts that say it's not accurately dosed enough (or easily manipulated enough) to support people working through the day.

Jana: Thank you for the suggestion about dissolving the tablet under her tongue for faster rate of action, I will definitely pass it on. I don't believe that the rate of efficacy is the constraining factor however, but rather that the occasional sudden dropoff of efficacy of the previous dose. Also, thank you for sharing your experience about pushing things too much.

suev: Thank you, I can see how stress can be a big factor, and indeed, thinking about whether symptoms will exhibit themselves within a meeting can be stressful. Adjusting the dose slightly based on the stress involved with the activity is something that my friend can discuss with her doctor, so thank you for the input!

DesertFlower: Thank you for sharing your experience with shortening the time between doses - that is very valuable knowledge. I know my friend has adjusted her expectations and been careful about managing what energy and strength is available and resting when needed, but your experience really does reinforce how important this can be. Thank you very much.

Maurice: Thank you, I am sure my friend will be discussing this and dosing in general with her doctor.
asalamon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (01-11-2012)