View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I cant believe the support that u guys have shown me and beleive me i am eternally grateful.
My first reaction to being freaked was to be told that all is well but we have found 3 aneurysms in your brain, followed by size. I wasnt told anything else. I spent from 8am in the emergency dept, lying on a bed being doped up with codeine. I was then offered ibuproven on top which i rejected as my diverticulitis doesnt like it. So then i was given endone, which knocked me out even further. Sometime in the afternoon i had the ct scan (contrast). around 6pm my eldest child turned up demanding to see the doc treating me to find out what was happening. about an hr later I was told of the discovery and that i would now be having a spinal tap. I still hadnt been told where i was standing in all this n left alone. My family left, my daughter in tears and i was still none the wiser.
The spinal tap was done and by this time... 13hrs later i asked for a sip of water as i hadnt anything since entering the hospital doors and was feeling terribly nauseous after all those drugs. a nurse told me i wasnt allowed anything at this point in time, but offered no explanation as to why. I again asked to which a doctor told me that i may be having surgery... surgery i thought, on what, where, why? Still no explanation.
By 11pm I saw the surgeon who had informed me that my spinal fluid was clear and that i will be sent to a ward as soon as a bed is available. The surgeon seemed somewhat releived as he said he wasnt a brain surgeon... that scared the hell outa me. A surgeon prepared to cut into my head without having much brain surgery experience?? cant be!!
I finally arrived at the ward just on midnight where a lovely nurse finally offered me a cup of tea which only took 2 sips to finish. I discovered that i was in a mixed ward of 4 beds... 2 women, 2 men. 1 of the men kept us awake most of the night with his roaring snore and constant complaints of other patients noises. If i had the energy i would have escaped.
after a few days of rest i was alllowed to leave, no information, an intern who whispered "i think u have been taking party drugs" in my ear... my reply... u have my blood, go find out for urself! cause im damm sure i havent! I was told nothing of the type of aneurysms, where they were, how they intend on dealing with them and how to live until they do. All i was given was a box of panadol, a box of somac ( for my intestines), a work certificate for 2 weeks off and a discharge letter with appointment instructions at outpatients.
It wasnt till i got home i opened and read the discharge papers that i knew anything of my condition. I burst into tears and then started researching. My partner went to work the following day and after just 3 hrs there he was coming home to console my hysterical self.
My work refused to have me back until i have an all clear from the surgeon, my partner lost his job as he was more worried about me and could not concentrate. I visited my gp who gave me a certificate for 3 months off so i could get sickness benefits and a carers allowance and now we just sit at home waiting.
Finding u all has been great. I know i am not alone and certainly not in the SDFencer league of aneurysms and can feel alot more secure about where i am today.
Thanks again for the support so generously shown to me, and hopefully i can in turn support u all and others.
also thanks for letting me write a very very long reply lol
Cass
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote