View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Symptom questions

Hello everyone, I want to thank you all so much for all of your support yall have given me the past few weeks while going through this diagnostic limbo! I have a follow up appointment thursday... Not sure what they will say. I hope that some of the blood tests will show something that will give us answers.. and hopefully we can get a treatment plan in place as well- I hope to try IVIG some more if they will let me!
I feel like the IVIG might have helped some the past several weeks (it's been almost three weeks now), but the last 2 days I feel like things are starting to feel like they did a few weeks ago- speech, swallowing etc. Is that normal for it to "wear off" around this time? I wasn't back to "normal" by any means the past few weeks, and I don't even know if some of it might have just been placebo effect, but I really do think it helped!
ANyhow a few more questions about MG sypmtoms:

1 Do any of yall ever feel like there is a bit of drool in the corner of your mouths when your face gets tired? I feel like in the evenings this happens to me- not much, not even enough to know for sure, it just feels like there might be a little there.

2 My speech has been doing this for a while- months when I"m fatigued- but is it normal for MG to get nasally voice at times/when fatigued only?

3 Do MG patients have "trembling" muscles when strained? ie- When I lean on my arm/hand my entire arm trembles with exhaustion- I noticed this a few weeks before I really seemed to crash

4 My very first symptom besides exhaustion was when I went to put my makeup on after a shower - almost 8 months ago now that my eyelid creases had changed.. I have put makeup on the same way for years and it was really strange- just one day the folds were just different

5 Anyone have onset of their sypmtoms after a traumatic event? (mine was after a surgical/iud mishap and blood transfusions etc)

Thanks again for ANY advice, info.. This whole diagnostic limbo makes my mind wonder to some bad possibilities (MG is bad no doubt, but I fear far worse most of the time). Thank yall! and Happy new year and better health to you all!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote