View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussuion After Motorcycle Accidents

Hi, this is my first time posting here but I've been reading awhile. I'm 52 and on Oct 9th I was in a motorcycle accident. All I remember is the bike bucking and then sitting in the road bleeding everywhere. Evidently my helmet flew off and besides multiple other things I was knocked out. I had stitches and a large bump in the back side of my head and stitches where my eye brow was and a large lump there. I was home about 4 weeks and feeling like I could return to work when all of a sudden I got these strange things going on. I couldn't go to sleep without this feeling of falling (I had them earlier but thought they were caused by the painkillers) I was also having these strange pressure feelings in my head off and on, couldn't drive in the car, didn't want to leave the house, trouble wqith memory, etc. My Dr diagnosed me with PCS and started me on 10mg of Celexia. I also have 2mg valium, that I use when things are rough. He told me it would take about 6 weeks for the Celexa to start. I've been on it for about 6 weeks now and don't have the falling feelings and very rarely have the pressure feelings. I feel like I'm getting there but my concern is when I see the Dr on the 24th of Jan and tell him I'm ready to go back to work that I'll start getting the symptoms back again. Has this happened before? I still don't leave the house much and I sleep alot. I have about 2 1/2 months left of paid leave that I would lose when I go back if I don't use it so thats another worry. I stress about not being there and also about going back I've had my job for 25 years and they are all very supportive right now. Just wondering about anyone getting returning syptoms etc. Thanks
dgreen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote