View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed Scientist View Post
Please use this thread to post advice for new members along the lines of "if only I'd known that when I first got post-concussion syndrome".

Most of us are probably struggling with our symptoms trying to cope with our situation and find the best treatment. It is a learning process that unfortunately takes a while, but we do learn things along the way, things that would have helped us had we known them at the beginning.

Here is your chance to pass on what you have learned to any new people to this forum, who will doubtless be hoping that someone has some guidance for them in dealing with this horrible condition.

Perhaps this thread might help others not to waste time and energy before finding something that helps them.

Everyone is different and in different situations but, if enough people share their experiences of what they have learned, perhaps new readers will be able to pick out something that will work for them.

CS
1. Don't waste time with a regular doctor who doesn't understand concussions or pcs

2. Never push through the pain. When you are feeling the heaches. Fatigue etc. The best thing I should have done is not try to push through school and work and take time off to just recoop. In the end the overstimulation sets your brain recovery back farther.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (01-07-2012), Mark in Idaho (01-04-2012), poetrymom (04-12-2013), twohandles (07-27-2017)