View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Baclofen has to build up in the system to be effective. So if you consider cutting back, cut back gradually and you will be fine. Its funny how I need to take really low dose ativan before I drive. I take .05 the night before and the same in the morning. (Ativan takes a long time to take affect). Then I take Celexa and 20 mg baclofen and then I'm usually good to go. I swear the ativan takes the edge off the constant anxiousness I developed and helps my muscles calm down too. Baclofen does not make me sleepy and neither does the Ativan. I don't take the ativan regularly, only when I know I am going to go grocery shopping or something.
I believe in my heart that part of my MS was this surge of unexplained anxiety and phobia. I tackled most of them except the driving. Without the ativan, I feel as though my car is moving slightly different than it is.....and that makes me panic. I found an article called MOTORISTS VESTIBULAR DISTURBANCE SYNDROME that described my issue to a Tee! It is typically neurological. And of course is going to increase anxiety.
Its what works for me and I gave up a long time ago trying to do without these types of drugs. Apparently increased anxiety is seen in MS people and I have joined the ranks of those who opted for medicinal help.
I think I may need an increase in my baclofen as I have been really stiff this winter. It also seems to help if I take Requip at night along with some baclofen. Requip is for Restless Legs. The two work quite well together. I going to get me a DVD on stretching to see if that helps too.

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (01-04-2012), hollym (01-05-2012)