Thread: Pet food recall
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just wanted to say here that you should not trust any wet food or dry food even. My baby's food WAS NOT on the list. She now has renal failure and the damage is permanent. I spoke with petsmart, and unlike those of you where they told you to return it - mine said it was safe if not on the list . I gave it to her and they added it to the list the day before I took her into the emergency room. They are constantly updating the list and adding more products.

I don't trust dry food either now. If you go to howl911.com you will see a link to a report with unofficial claims of Iams dry food causing renal failure. We are giving our other dog Charley people food until I can get up and make him homemade dog food. I think that is the safest thing for everyone to be doing. Please don't trust the same companies to be giving you safe "dry" food after there other food has led to thousands of deaths. There is also a counter of unofficial reports of deaths on that website. It is shocking and heart breaking.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote