View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think surviving often has a lot to do with how much money a person has... but I also think it has to do with a person's "will" to live as well. I know there are a lot of reasons a body gives up fighting an illness or an accident... and there are a lot of hopeless "cases".... but that said, I still am amazed when someone lives through what others call hopeless. That's where I think will to live takes over.

Today would have been my Mom's birthday - she's been gone 2 years now. I went out for a walk and saw Mom's best friend. My Mom always nagged me to visit with her friend and I always put her off thinking - its your friend, mom, not mine! Well, I saw her struggle to get through the door of a store - she had her walker.... I kept walking... and well, to be honest, I struggled with my mind for a bit... but then... I just turned around... because I knew how HAPPY my mom would have been if I could report back to her about her best friend. I'm so glad I did! And I'm so glad my Mom "saw" me visit with her!!!

Addy
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-05-2012), barbo (01-04-2012), hippiechick (01-04-2012)