View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Chemar - He hasn't had strep and no tick bites that we know of. Until this point we never had any reason to believe there was anything the matter with him. Now that we've realized something's not right, we can see a lot of signs that could have pointed... really immature developmental-wise, emotional problems, can't focus, etc.

When the tics started we monitored him to try and see if there were any triggers. Tried adding in and taking things away, watching for stressful times, and things like that- to no avail. The tics got to where they occurred every five minutes or so no matter the situation. Now that he's been on medication I only see them appear if he is really frustrated. The doctor seemed to think this was normal.

mrsD- 1.) Development seemed normal, although he had some trouble with speech (stuttering, distorted sounds) but this cleared up taking speech classes at school.

2.) He is not on ADHD medication, or anything besides neurontin

3.) No particular diet. He's never had much of an interest in eating, and doesn't snack much outside of meals. Has some sodas and such, but not everyday. (We tried cutting this out over the summer, didn't seem to make a difference).

4.) The 'tics' we were seeing were sudden darting of the eyes (he was unaware and can't tell when it happens) and an unusual twitch of his head to the side. Haven't seen the head twitch since starting medication, the eye one happens when he's really annoyed.

I wasn't given a copy of the EEG but I do have the images from the MRI... not that I can tell anything from them!

We had a visit with his regular doctor a few days ago, who just wanted to do things like check his height, weight, etc. I'm starting to feel like I couldn't find any information because it isn't out there.
roxyblue722 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-23-2012)