View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 01:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kim: Wow! You are always so helpful, thanks for all the great ideas To answer your questions...yes, I have a magic bullet (3 months old and paid for itself, I think); no sandwich press. When I say squash; I mean I (personally, the kids are fine) am avoiding all gourd family...summer and winter squash, cucumber, melons.

How do I stew Peaches? (I'd love to cook more fruits...and possibly run stock up and freeze some cooked fruits, if I could figure out how best to do so.)

Diamondheart:
Some people who are very sensitive to corn procure their meat from a local farmer who guarantees grass fed and no citric acid treatment after slaughter in a small, controlled, setting. Its a LOT of work, which I'm definately not up for when it really doesn't appeal to me in the first place, and I understand it means buying in bulk (as in half a cow).
Corn fed might be an issue...I don't know. After learning more about the CODEX and industry "standards" I think the problem is more what happens during and immediately after slaughter than what the animal ate. Although, when they feed chickens dye to color the yolk, the resulting eggs definately bother me.
I can 'sense' corn hidden in conveyer dressings, too so thats my biggest challenge...anything needs a phone call or email.
Actually...my biggest challenge is pulling all our dietary restrictions together into something the kids want to eat! (besides melted chocolate, which they'd happily lap up I'm sure) I'm convinced this can unite or divide us. I'd prefer the former.

JamieToo: I'm very interested in juicing. My kids much less so, but that was actually the deciding factor in buying the Bullet. Thanks for the reminder, I need to pull out that attachment and give it a try.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote