View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good for you, Addy! I'm glad that you did that. Sometimes it's hard to do those little extra things but I think that we're the ones who are blessed by them.

Thanks to all of you who answered this post. It was just a momentary bump in the road for me; I'd spoken with one of my brother's children over the holiday's. She's just so much more of a 'little sister' than a niece...we're just 4 years apart in age. I guess it just brought up old memories....anyway, they're 'put away' now, I hope. Well, as much as possible, I think.

It's always nice to know that you're all 'out there'....my family...you know what I mean? I have so much family...and hardly any of it is blood family. The vast majority of it is just 'pick up' family...if that's possible. I don't really believe that 'blood is thicker than water'....it hasn't always worked for me...I was adopted at 17 years old...yikes...not a lot of people would want to do that....and these people already had 5 kids of their own! They are very special people to me and taught me so much...actually taught me to love...they.....shudder....hugged me...the first night I was in their home and it scared me to death....ewwww...who did that????? But, they did teach me so much and I am forever grateful for them. I'm afraid that I'd be terribly cold and detached without having met them...*grin.
hippiechick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (01-05-2012), Alffe (01-05-2012), barbo (01-05-2012)