View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb555 View Post
I need on average 12-13 hrs nightly else I build up a sleep deficit, probably only so high because I haven't finished growing yet! But I would love to hear back soon!!!!
Then you may outgrow it. It's common for adolescents to need more sleep than children or adults - sometimes as much as 12 hrs. In high school, I was taken to a doctor for falling asleep in class & elsewhere; my mother suspected narcolepsy. During a period when I had EB virus (Mono) I was sleeping up to 16 hrs a day. You may just be at the long end of the scale - especially if you're in any kind of growth/development spurt.

Has anyone checked your blood sugar levels? That can account for odd sleeping patterns/requirements too.

After I got to college (and stopped growing) my sleep patterns returned to normal (for college students)...

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote