View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi SweatPea,

My neck is pretty messed up too - c5 - c7, w/ bone on bone. I went through a few years similar to yours, trying everything with neck, shoulder & back pain and compound headaches (more than 15/month). The best things that helped me were physical therapy (though it took several courses to find the right therapist with the right knowledge & experience. Moral: Not all therapists are created/trained equally) and Myofascial Triggerpoint Therapy (for the frozen neck & shoulder muscles). Once the TP therapist got my knots out, she taught us how to do it at home for maintenance.

For folks like us, PT & stretching exercises aren't just a therapy/course of treatment and you're done - they're a lifestyle change, because we have to stay with the program for life. We're learning Tai Chi now.

I tried biofeedback but couldn't get it to work for headaches or chronic neck pain.

Hang in there,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SamsSweetPea (01-06-2012)