Thread: Mctd & sfn
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biancarose61 View Post
Hi, I have MCTD and taking Plaquenil since 2006 when I was diagnosed. I am also on synthroid but I do not have Hoshimoto disease (my mom does) and I have fibromyalgia. I take magnesium daily (because I read it is good for autoimmune disease) and naproxen for inflammation. I don't know what will happen to me from this disease, I'm 61 and active. I'm glad I found this sight because I don't know anyone that has this disease and don;t know much about it. My doctor said it's wait and see what other symptoms, if any, come up. I did have frozen shoulder on both shoulders, and found when I eat white flour I have vaginal itching. I didn't associate the painful intercourse with the fibro. Something to ask my gyn.
I do not know what frozen shoulder is? The only think I can think is when I turn my head or try to pick something up, but usually it's turning my head while lying down, and my shoulder/neck area will twinge and hurt so bad I can't turn it again normally for a couple of days. When it hits it flows through the shoulder. I hate that! There is nothing medicinally that will help it either! How did you figure out the white flour thing? Even with doing an elimination diet, I still can't figure stuff out. However I'm starting to think maybe it's overindulgence and not anything specific that is affecting me. Too much of a good thing... Either sugar, bread, so maybe flour...

The only thing I have found to affect me for sure is cleaning chemicals/scented hand soap. As soon as I use it my nose will stuff up and my eyes might water. I feel like I have an allergy to anything strongly scented. But it goes away quickly.
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote