View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiegiese View Post
Hey everyone. Im angie, 22. I had my decompression surgery on 11/10/11. I felt great the first three weeks after. Got my staples out and was excited to start PT, get life back to normal! Then all started to go down hill.... headaches came back worse than ever before, dizziness, definitely EMOTIONAL! cannot control it!! eye sight was better after surgery, not it seems worse than before. My neck is constantly swollen and stiff. I switched doctors because the one who gave me the actual surgery, I never saw again, and his assistant never ordered me the MRI after the staples were removed. (which i complained to er constantly about) So switching doctors, they are ordering me an MRI, but he says theres definitely alot of fluid backed up and is afraid there is a leak. Im scared to death to think about going in for another surgery. Of course im getting ahead of myself not having the MRI yet, but u can always seem to tell when theres something wrong.. and I do.. Does anyone have any hope, or spare light to shed on my situation. Im so scared.... :'( Just want to live life again
I can uderstand you being scared. Hopefully you have a great neurosurgeon this time and they can repair any leak and you will be on your way to getting back to normal. I had my decompression surgery Feb 2010 at Emory Hospital in Atlanta, GA by Dr. Daniel Barrow. I am lucky to have had absolutely no problems with the surgery. however, I have had 8 prior shunt surgeries so I do have constant pain that I deal with. It is easy to become depressed but try to have a positive outlook and don't stop talking about the problems you are having until you find a doctor that has done LOTS of these surgeries and listens to symptons you are having. KEEP TALKING AND MAKE THEM LISTEN!
res5562965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
angiegiese (01-07-2012), Zipperhead920 (11-14-2013)