View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for your advice again, very helpful!

One major problem in my case has been trying to find the underlying injury, if any at all! A few months ago in Germany we pointed out the hamstring tendon connecting into behind the knee. However now we know there is more to it than just a tendinitis injury. The problem is definitely in that area causing my rsd to radiate to below me knee and foot.

I have had lots of accumulative trauma to this area from 3 falls, surgery and repetitive strain injury following the surgery. Infact I have a stitch on the inside of my knee just where it folds. The docs are definite I have crps however some including my pain doctor believes there is something more to it. She believes I have a firing nerve around my hamstring tendon/popliteus fossa besides the crps. I have done an EMG and numerous nerve tests and MRI's which did not show any problems. Does this 100% rule out a nerve entrapment/pinched/scraped you name it? I have read that nerves can get irritated from adhesions cause by scar tissue leading to contraction etc. This really matches my case but how can I 100% rule in or out a nerve is irritated from this scaring etc?

Otherwise I can just try and compare my symptoms and see if other users have same issue of feeling as though you are stepping on a nerve and getting shocked always in the SAME particular area and constant contraction/spasm and to mcuh discomfort to 'open' the area? Im not even able to lye down with a pillow as my hamstring keeps contracting/spasms and can only keep my knee at 90 degrees where my hamstring is completely loose. This however is the worse physical position as my joints all tighten up but i cant do otherwise.

Sorry for going on and on but im just look for some help/answers and compare symptoms etc

Thanks,

Nigel
nigel ep3 05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote