View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Great appointment with my neurologist today!

I had not seen my neurologist in three months. He was amazed that my posture is almost normal, my balance has greatly improved, the CRPS sores that had been occurring with regularity have vanished, the allodynia has been substantially reduced, my sensitivity to noises and vibrations has improved, I have not had pain reaching above the level of 6 out of 10 when level 9 was not uncommon, my episodes of profuse sweating and racing heart rate have improved as well as GI issues, I can hold a pen, button my sweater, (which I can now wear for a few hours at a time) wear a ring on my hand, and most amazing, the claw hand is gone!!!!!!

My neurologist stated that he wished he could take credit for my improvement and stated that he had never seen this kind of improvement in a CRPS patient. He suggested that he would not have seen this kind of improvement with Ketamine infusions. He asked me about my equipment and treatment protocols because he would like to purchase a unit to treat migraines.

Just didn't have it in me to use my appointment to educate him on tDCS since I had other issues to discuss. I am so done with using my appointment times and co-pays to educate treatment members on the various treatment and meds that have helped me. I referred him to one of the tDCS treatment centers that offers training to physicians.

There truly is not much out there that can fix dystonia. tDCS addresses the root cause of neuropathic pain. It has interrupted the progression of the disease for me and greatly improved the quality of my life. This past summer I was feeling pretty desperate, not knowing how much more I could take. Given my remarkable response to tDCS, I believe that remission may be possible for me over time.

I truly hope others who feel similarly desperate will consider this treatment, particularly if the sense of desperation is causing consideration of risky and invasive procedures such as Spinal Cord Stimulators.

I hope this information offers hope to all!

Last edited by ballerina; 01-05-2012 at 10:27 PM.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (01-05-2012), daylilyfan (01-05-2012), fmichael (01-17-2012), Joydee (01-11-2012), SandyRI (01-05-2012)