View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everone. I can't believe I am once again writing about a child with TS - but it looks like I am. As a matter of backgraoud, my oldest son (now 32) was diagnosed at age 7. Through the old MGH TS forum, I found wonderful knowledge and (most importantly) support. Through that forum, I also met the wonderful man who is now my husband. (who could have figured!?)

2 1/2 years ago we adopted our 2 kids (my biological grandkids). Our little daughter - now 7 - started with a eye twitch about a year ago. She is now having vocal tics. We plan on taking her to the pediatrician in the near future - a formality, but I think important to get it on record.

My husband - who still is quite the ticcer - and I want to avoid meds. My oldder son "outgrew" his tics mostly, but he has a lot of psych issues. I sometimes wonder if the meds he was on might have even contributed to some of his struggles today.

I appreciate reading some of the alternate ideas here. I don't know where we will end up with, but I guess it (once again) feels good to have a place to talk about it when I need to.

Although I have been down this path before and hubby LIVES it daily - I still feel almost like a novice. I can't help feel some anxiety for what things may lie ahead for her.

I just wanted to write this down and thank you for your ideas, experiences and prayers.
Spanish Moss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-19-2012), Chemar (01-13-2012), Lara (01-10-2012)