View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I'm sorry if this is a little information overload, but you mentioned stuttering. You say that's cleared up now, but it "may" have been connected to his tics.
I will read up on that. It didn't occur to me. The stuttering was a problem starting about 3-7 years of age. It was always only at the beginning at the sentence, until they started timed reading passages at school- he would get flustered and get stuck on the words because he knew it was important to hurry.

I was kind of lead to believe the only thing I could get were the MRI photos. This was supposedly the best neurologist in the area- he has been in practice for like 40 years and has great ratings. I feel that any of the times we visited his office, he was just in a hurry and glossed over anything I asked, or spoke to me as if I wouldn't be able to understand. We live in a rural area, and the one we were visiting is one of the few in the area that will see children. I am going to look into other places and see if maybe they'll see him anyway. It depends on whether the insurance will pay again if we can take him somewhere else right now. I'm not sure how that works or if they can use the same MRI pictures or what. Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I found a forum that I thought looked helpful because I've not found much information on my own research but I'm starting to believe I just haven't been given enough information... which leads me to wonder are they just not telling me or they don't really know?
roxyblue722 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-23-2012)