View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb

Little flowers- I hope that you are not one of the rare cases like me and a few others from what i can tell on this site. One of the things i wish I had known before I got this far was that counseling really dose help whether it is a psychologist, pastor or equivalent. 4 months seemed like forever to me at the time and the radical changes I had to make in my life were not easy. An example would be that I can't drive because of the seizures and that a lot of what I thought were my close freinds didn't want any thing to do with me like i had the plague. Another would be that I have always worked for and earned what I have no matter what and and if things needed done i was the guy to do it in a day or as fast as I could but now I can hardly manage to remember iv got noodles on the stove. I met a guy while I was going thru some of my U of M visits who was where you are now but at like 5 months his symptoms were like mine and he was really down then two months later he was all better his only advice for me was give it time. I know that is a hard thing to deal with and even accept but he is right for most people's encounters with PCS. One last thing is that everyone's experience is different I see similarities between people but it is for the most part unique to each individual my best advice is to live day today and be glad that things are not worse and that you have a chance to get better.
Thanks for the support and may the lord bless you in your time of need.
3lysium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote