View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ?s regarding child concussion

On Monday, my child, age 8, had a normal fall and roll while learning to snowboard. When he came up, he said he saw the galaxy and described a pattern of dark and light rectangles. He said he felt a bit ill and had a headache, so we shut it down, concerned about a concussion. He spent the rest of the day at home taking it easy. No other signs were noted - i.e. he slept normally (I woke him up every few hours without incident).

He attended school the following day and felt nauseous after recess, so I pulled him out and we went to a medical clinic. The doctor said to keep him out of recess and gym for 2 days, which we've done.

This morning (Friday), his low grade nausea persists. He does not complain about it, his appetite is totally normal, but says that it's always there and is akin to slight carsickness. He notices it most after we drive somewhere. He otherwise seems fine - reads, plays piano, watches tv and plays video games without complaint or apparent difficulties.

We're seeing the family doctor later today for more guidance, but I thought I'd post this to see if anybody has any experience in this regard. My son's an avid skier and soccer player and we've told him he can't do either until he's symptom-free, so I think there's no chance of malingering here. Any insights into the course this might take or helpful ideas for treatment are most welcome.
chachi44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-08-2012)