View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New prescription: Mirtazapine.

I'm going to try to keep this short. I thought I'd share my experience with taking Mirtazapine for the first time, to whoever has been prescribed it, or to people who are prescribed it in the future for depression and anxiety due to a concussion/TBI. For those of you that don't know me or don't know what I'm going through, I've been dealing with a lot of constant anxiety, intrusive thoughts and mild depression..due to symptoms of TBI.

I'd like to say, I seen results instantly. 20 minutes after taking only HALF of a 15mg pill, the sedation kicked in and I just felt more happier and relaxed. After about 30-45 minutes, I became extrememly sleepy and slept for about 15 hours. From what I read, that is normal the first time you take it.

My only concern is, when my brain fog kicks in..I wonder if it's going to make it worse...you know, because of the sedative effects. Or I wonder if it will just make me ignore it? I noticed when I feel sedated I kinda ignore and shrug off any symptom I'm having. I guess I'll soon find out.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote