View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another Mestinon observation

Hi Everyone - another Mestinon thread. First off....I am lucky enough to be in between neuro's (ha ha), so I'm waiting for my appointment on the 30th. I will ask these questions then as well.

But I have been on 60 mg generic 3X a day and a timespan at night at bedtime. I have noticed that I have been struggling with my speech (tightness, hoarseness, etc.) in the afternoon, and slight heavy chested feeling at times.

Last night, I went to bed and woke up at 3 a.m. and realized I forgot my timespan. So I took it then and skipped the morning pill. And I felt better this morning into noon than I have since I started the full regimen of round the clock meds. So at 2 p.m. I decided to take 1/2 of a 60 mg pill. And my speech has been much better than what it has been.

I know that you are not supposed to tweak your dosage w/out your Dr's approval, but since my most recent Dr. left the clinic and I had to switch to a new clinic, I cannot get in til the 30th. So I will be very careful with this, but I think I will try 1/2 a pill every 3 or 4 hours and see how that works. My eyes aren't as jumpy now either. I think 60 X 3 plus the timespan is too much.

So, thanks for listening to me jabber on about this. I'd love to hear any input you may have.

Jen
jcrawford458 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote