Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ballerina:

Great for you.

I love your attitude & I love this quote of yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina View Post

Just didn't have it in me to use my appointment to educate him on tDCS since I had other issues to discuss. I am so done with using my appointment times and co-pays to educate treatment members on the various treatment and meds that have helped me. I referred him to one of the tDCS treatment centers that offers training to physicians.
Me too!! I spend half my time at a doctors appointment educating the doctor -- and then, of course, they charge for an extra long appointment time!!

I have been doing my research -- I have a physical therapist who is quite interested in these techniques (he is a big proponent of mirror therapy, etc) -- but I would like to use him for what he can do for me that I cannot do myself. So I am out there trying to research and figure out which device to buy, what electrodes, etc.

I have looked at the numerous of the recent publications on tDCS and high density tDCS devices that are under development. I noticed that at Spaulding rehabilitation Hospital (Beth Israel?) They are testing a high density tCDS device on mechanical allodynia and hyperalgesia -- which is which are some of my most debilitating symptoms. I would love to get some information on that experiment. information on the exact placement of electrodes for allodynia and hyperalgesia would be very useful.

I am also intrigued by vagal nerve stimulation. In the spirit of do what you can for yourself, I did run across a paper in a yoga journal where some dudes measured brain activity in a fMRI while people chanted “Ommmm”. Kind of makes sense – your vibrating your vagal nerve mechanically – like a Vegas nerve stimulator that is implanted, etc.

here is the reference (since I do not have enough posts on this forum -I cannot post Web references -- and apparently I cannot personal message people either):

title: Neurohemodynamic correlates of ‘OM’ chanting: A pilot functional magnetic resonance imaging study

I found this wonderful forum while researching tDCS…. you folks sure know a lot!!

voner
voner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote