View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 PM

Location: I live near a beautiful lake called, Lake Minnewawa
10 yr Member

Location: I live near a beautiful lake called, Lake Minnewawa
10 yr Member
Confused New Member needs advice.

Hello my name is Maia. I have been taking methadone for my pain, which includes, migraines, arthritis & fibromyalgia, plus for muscle & bone accident from when I was 3 years old. I am 36 years old, but my pain makes me feel 136 at times.

Anyway, my question is this, I was just given amitriptyline at 75 mg at bedtime, but I have been on methadone for nearly 3 years at 115 mg. It just doesn't seen safe to me. I have had problems with other medications with making me depressed, when I am not a depressed person, my Pharmacist didn't think it was a problem. I have heard that amitriptyline & methadone made some people suicidal & extremely depressed. A friend of mine that I go to pain therapy with took the methadone & amitriptyline combination, she became very suicidal, was put in the hospital for over dosing on her methadone. She & I are both not the depressed type of women, I am just very afraid that this would happen to me. My husband wanted me to find a group to ask, he & I are open about everything, so outside support is helpful to us both!
Thank you!
AnishinaaBabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote