View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 06:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Looking for Dr. in PA speacializing in RSD

For months now I have been suffering in pain since my injury back in 03/2011. I fell at work and have been out since. So of course you can imagine the headache I am dealing with W/C. I was originally seeing an orthepedic Dr who was my employers panel Dr. After requesting to be seen by a different phsyiatrist then the one they are connected to due to previously seeing that doctor and discontinuing my visits with him for a completely different reason. Since I did not want to go to their referring Dr they released me from their practice and told me they had no futher treatment options for me.

Comp had told me I couldnt make my own appt. Because I had no referral, which wasnt true at all, my lawyer advised me after 3 months I can see whatever Dr I please. In the meantime comp set up an IME appt by a dr who had previously told me they do not accept workmans comp (suspicous?) That Dr said I was 100% healed, even with my limp and pain and inability to walk for more then 20 minutes.

I began seeing a physiatrist two weeks prior who had diagnosed me with a knee sprain with an element of RSD. I even have the dr report stating that. I had never heard of it before but he told me to do reasearch on it to understand it more. Six months after my accident I finally had an answer that made sense and confirmed my stmptoms. So thenbattle between comp and my lawyer and dr vs dr began. Dr wanted to see me in six months unless anything changed.

It got worse when school started back up so I called and made and appt and was to see his PA. Continuing to see my phsyiatrists my symptoms began to get worse and began to spread.When I went back I had seen his PA a second time and she said that he never said that I have that and they were going to send me back to therapy. I stuck out six weeks of pool PT suffered through it all but did what I could to show I want to get better. The Rx for therapy stated knee sprain. My therapist by the end had asked if anyone had mentions RSD? She said she filled out the evaluatiion and would send it to my Dr. Because it got worse when my next appt came around they ordered an ct scan and an emg, both showed nothing. Now my first appt I saw the Dr the next two I saw his PA? this last time I went back and had to see the Dr requested by my lawyer because of mediation at the end of the month.

When the Dr entered the room he had asked me if I was still doing my exercises, well if he looked at my chart he would have seen that I just finished 6 weeks of pool therapy and would have seen I cant do much in the pool without pain, nevermind on land. At this appointment I couldnt hold it in anymore I broke down in tears! Im sick of the never ending pain, the insomnia, and the depression... Not to mention all the other symptoms on top of continous pain. I asked flat out what about me having RSD? He said that my bone scan was normal, which is not true, I had a diffused uptake patter in my right knee. He said it wasnt enough to prove RSD? He told me I needed to loose weigt and continue to excercise and it would get beter. Before that appt I had lost 20 in two months and the pain got worse, so I truely do not believe that, Im sure, y weight doesnt help but its not the cause of my pain...it wasnt there before I got hurt.

Now after reading all the other threads and from the research I do in the hours I cant fall asleep, a bone scan is only 55% accurate in diagnosing it. I had the scan done four months after my accident and it showed uptake then, and that wasnt enough?! Now I know a phsyiatrist is a PM Dr. They specialize in managing pain, not diagnosing it. I need to find a Dr in Pennsylvania that speacializes in RSD and accepts W/C. As I said before mediation is coming up and if I have RSD i know I cant settle in my medical compensation.Maybe my Dr is right, I dont have it and one can only hope they dont, but its the only thing that makes sense wit all my symptoms, and I want to be certain wether I do or dont, because if I do, Im headed towards one year since te accident and I would like to get it treated ASAP and only hope for remission... Pleas let me know of any good Drs in the Area!!!!!
justwantanswers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote