View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Vioner,

Welcome!

Hope these suggestion help you on your journey.

1) To cut down on the frustration of physician education on your own dime and time try the following. When I needed a referral for my first tDCS treatment at Beth Israel I prepared a binder of pertinent tDCS
research material for both my neuro and pm docs. One binder was geared toward neurology and the other toward PM, with notes attached to please review prior to my next appointment. Prior to my appointments I called the office to inquire if the materials had been reviewed and if not I would need to reschedule my appointment. One doc had not so I rescheduled and no they could not charge me a less than 24 hour fee because I was prepared for the appt. and he wasn't. (Happily this doesn't happen any more)

Both docs reviewed the materials and although their levels of knowledge were at a basic level I got what I wanted-referrals.

2) Regarding the research you mentioned at Spaulding-I am assuming that the research is not readily available. I suggest contacting the lead researcher to express your interest in the research and request either a copy of the research or a summary of findings which they may release prior to publication.

Additionally, you may use any friends or associates connected with higher education or a medical school to get published research articles for you.

3) It may be useful to consult with a doc familiar with tDCS and its application for your particular diagnosis. I would in general be wary of PM docs unless they list tDCS on their websites. Most pm docs butter their bread with costly procedures. The more costly the procedure (thus the more lucrative) the less likely they will be to consider offering a low cost, extremely effective and non invasive treatment with no side effects. Please do not underestimate the big business of costly, risky and invasive procedures many with short lasting, damaging or no results, and the threat that tDCS poses to the ever growing medical procedures/pain management industry.

Best to you!!!!

Last edited by ballerina; 01-07-2012 at 12:01 PM.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote