View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default disorientation/new member

I am a 36 year old female. I fell at work on November 22, 2011 and hit my head on the concrete factory floor. I blacked out and don’t have any memory for immediately after the fall.
I have been diagnosed with PCS and have been improving since.

I have problems stuttering and sometimes I use the wrong words, although that has been improving.

I am having problems with sequencial memory and struggle to do things I used to do without thinking, like making coffee, cooking, or other activities that require more than one step. I do the right things, but the wrong order. I’ll sometimes put my dog in his kennel for the night then give him food in the other room. I frequently go into a room and have no idea what I went there for. Because of this and my now very short attention span, I can’t drive.

I have always been a reader and I can’t read. I had to have a friend type in the security code for me to register for this site because I could not read the distorted letters or pick out words in the audio option.

I am writing because yesterday morning when I woke up I was totally disoriented. I had no idea what day it was, what month it was, I thought I was late for a job I had actually quit a few years ago. Every person has had a moment like this at some point, but the thing that concerns me is that this went on for an hour before I could orient myself. I went to bed with a terrible headache, but I don’t know that is related.

I’d like to know if this is common and I would be interested in things I can do to improve my memory problems.
GillianGillian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote