View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For Dalek

Hadn't thought about it but I guess I've basically lost sight, taste, touch, smell and some sound (haven't told you about all of this have I???) Guess that makes me severely deprived in your eyes? But unfortunately, Sjogrens is not a funny disease. The next time someone tells you "Oh Sjogrens is that dry mouth, dry eyes disease", whack them one for me. The Sjogrens Syndrome Support group along with the Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation are educating and supporting people who have this horrible disease. Physcians that are being taught and the ones who are in practice are just now becoming aware of some of the deadly consequences of this disease after years of being told it was a "nuisance disease". So many of the physicians who are in practice are being educated by their patients. We also are spreading the word thru our friends and family and everyone who comes in contact with us that Sjogrens causes neuropathy and sometimes severe pain. It also causes you to painfully lose sight, taste, touch, smell and sound. It is not a nuisance disease. O.K., consider yourself told!!

O.K., Off my soapbox, I just had to get this said. Dalek started it.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote